Giant lizardfolk from the farthest Western reaches of Thialu are sometimes seen in other lands. Most have been captured as slaves and gained their freedom but some are independently minded and seek out adventure in places distant to the hot jungles and plains of their homelands. Giant lizardfolk characters possess the following racial traits.
- Type: Humanoid (reptilian)
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –1 Intelligence, –2 Dexterity, –1 Charisma
A giant lizardfolks’s starting Intelligence and Charisma scores are always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3
- Large size: As a large creature a giant lizardfolk has a -1 penalty to armour class, a -1 penalty on attack rolls, a -4 penalty on Hide checks, a +4 bonus on grapple checks, space/reach of 10 ft, and lifting and carrying limits double those of medium characters.
- Base land speed is 30 feet
- +4 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim checks.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Automatically proficient with simple weapons and shields
- +2 natural armor bonus rising by +1 per level to a maximum of +6
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d6) and bite (1d6)
- Hold breath: A giant lizardfolk can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to four times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Languages: automatic Giant Lizardfolk, Reptilian; bonus Dire Kobold, Fire Lizard, Troglodyte
- Favoured Class: Ranger
- Level adjustment +3