Giants hail from the cold, mountainous regions of northern Mrub. They are mostly crude and uncivilised spending their time drinking and eating.
- Type: Giant
- +4 Strength, –2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, –4 Intelligence, –4 Charisma.
A giant’s starting Intelligence and Charisma scores are always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3
- A giant’s Strength and Constitution scores increase by +1 per level to a maximum of +14 Strength and +8 Constitution
- Large size: As a large creature a giant has a -1 penalty to armour class, a -1 penalty on attack rolls, a -4 penalty on Hide checks, a +4 bonus on grapple checks, space/reach of 10 ft, and lifting and carrying limits double those of medium characters.
- A giant’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- +2 natural armor bonus rising by +1 per level to a maximum of +9
- Rock Throwing (Ex): Adult giants are accomplished rock throwers and receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing rocks. A giant can hurl rocks weighing up to 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects) up to five range increments.
- Rock Catching (Ex): A giant can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape).
Once per round, a giant that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The giant must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A hill giant is automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
- Automatic Languages: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level adjustment +4.